- 5 gal. unpreserved apple cider - from Pine Tree Orchards.
- 1.5 lbs. Light DME
- 12 whole cloves
- 3 cinammon sticks
- 1 packet Red Star Cote do Blanc dry yeast
- 1 gal. water
- campden tablets
- irish moss
OG = 1.042
- 10/2/03 - made starter. Added 1 campden tablet per gallon of cider.
- 10/3/03 - boiled water w/ cinnamon, cloves, and DME for 20 minutes. Added irish moss at end of boil.
- 1/29/04 - Bottled. FG 0.998. 4.15% ABV
- 10/8/2004 - This cider turned out excellent. It took about 6 months for it to come around, but now it's very crisp and refreshing.