This is a standard American Wheat w/ a bit o' Honey. Should (theoretically) turn out similar to Leinie's Honey Weiss.
- 6 lbs. Wheat LME
- 1 oz. Tettnang (60 mins)
- 1 lb. Clover Honey (1 min)
- Wyeast 1010 - American Wheat
- 3/30/05 - Made starter.
- 3/31/05 - Jed came over and we brewed in the garage. OG 1044, a bit low I guess, as the target OG was 1048. Pitched a 600 mL starter at 10:00 PM.
- 4/1/05 - April fools!!! Okay seriously...fermentation is progressing nicely - should start blowing off before noon.
- 4/14/05 - Transferred to secondary. Gravity: 1.009. By my calculations, that's about 5.5% ABV. Tasted pretty good - nothing extraordinary, but it'll be very drinkable. I'll probably leave it in the secondary for another week and then bottle.
- 7/20/05 - Yep - it's been a while :-) I finally got this bottled tonight. FG: 1.007.