A little Erik was born :-)
Then, 5 years ago, some jerks decided to hijack my day. Pfft. Some people’s kids.
You can find a list of other interesting things that happened on September 11th on wikipedia. Some items of note are:
- 1708 - Charles XII of Sweden stops outside Smolensk heading to the south, culminating in the disastrous battle of Poltava, the end of Sweden as a major power.
- 1918 - Baseball: The Boston Red Sox won the World Series; they would not do so again until October 27, 2004 after 86 years.
- 1941 - Ground broken for the construction of The Pentagon.
- 1970 - The Ford Pinto is introduced.
- 1981 - The Pee-wee Herman Show airs as a special on HBO.
- 1990 - President George H. W. Bush delivers a nationally televised speech in which he threatens the use of force to remove Iraqi soldiers from Kuwait, which Iraq had recently invaded.